28 April 2020

Clarence Wright

This story is quite simple but the emotion behind it is substantial.
I recently received the Australian Service Medal 1939-45 awarded to NX25846 Clarence Vincent Wright from the Directorate of Honours and Awards. I started the search on 26 April and very quickly found Clarence in an Ancestry tree. I sent off a message to the tree owner and got an almost immediate reply. I was communicating with Clarence's granddaughter. This is Rennee and she was about to pass my message to her Auntie Julie who is Clarence's daughter.
Today Julie called me and it was a really a fantastic discussion. My effort to find Clarence's family really wasn't that much but the emotion and relief that Julie expressed was beyond description.
Where the medal has been prior to it being sent to Honours and Awards is a mystery but where it is headed now is where it belongs.
The returned medal tally is now 2462. 



No comments:

Post a Comment