21 June 2011

Cyril Gersback

The search for the family of NX114985 Cyril Gersback has been a difficult one. I received the medals in 2006 and quickly found his date of birth and death but not much else. In different records his name is spelt a variety of ways which made the whole search very frustrating.
On a whim I searched for Cyril Gersbach and got a hit on the 2/15th Battalion news letter with the following report from Paul Bacon:
'Brett Lovett who is my nephew took part in his first Anzac Day march this year, and we were able to march
together in the ranks of Descendants WW2 and Post WW2. Brett marched for his great uncle Cyril Gersbach
who served in the 2/1st Militia battalion in New Guinea. Cyril is one my uncles and brother to Jack Gersbach
who served in the 2/15th.'
Soon after reading this I spoke to Paul and have arranged to return his uncle's medals to him in the near future.
This link is to company photo with Cyril.
Thanks to Ron of Revesby for sending these medals to me. The returned medal tally is now 926.





No comments:

Post a Comment