26 March 2020

Arthur Brown

Revisiting some of the older searches has provided to be very successful of late.
In September 2010 I received 181 medals from the NSW RSL. Bill and I just referred to this as the NSW Box. Some of the returns were easy but others proved very difficult. After almost 10 years I have only a few medals from the NSW Box left still to be returned. 
One of the last is the Defence Medal awarded to NX166751 Arthur Charles Brown. Since I last looked at this research, Arthur's service record has been digitised by the National Archives of Australia and his son, Al, has put a family tree on Ancestry. This all came together quite nicely today after I sent Al a message and he rang me soon after.
This Defence Medal will soon be in the post on its way back to the Brown family.
The returned medal tally is now 2442.



No comments:

Post a Comment