16 October 2010

NSW RSL lost medals

Over the years, I've established very positive relationships with the RSL National HQ and the State Branch HQs.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the WA RSL forwarded me all the medals that had been handed in to them. I've managed to return about 50% of this lot.
Recently, the NSW RSL asked if I would mind looking after the medals that they have had sent to them over the years. Needless to say I jumped at the chance.
You can imagine my surprise when I received a rather large box yesterday. It took me all day to catalogue the contents. There are 81 individual packages containing 181 medals. The majority are from WWII and awarded to NSW servicemen.
This link is to the NSW RSL lost medals page.
These pictures show the box pre and post catalogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment