13 February 2022

RSL Care SA bag of medals

Eleven years ago I received a box of medals from the NSW RSL. The trust the NSW RSL placed in me was a reflection of the relationship we had at the time and has continued to this day.

Last week I had a similar experience when Nathan from RSL Care SA presented to me a bag of medals which his organisation has been the custodian of for many years. I hope that in the next few months I can tell the stories of returning some of these medals to the families of the veteran who they were awarded to.


 


1 comment:

  1. Hello, I live in hope that my grandfather's WW1 medals will turn up, most probably in Melbourne, Victoria. He was Tom McIlwraith, Royal Scots 2135, and then Labour Corps, 657357, for a month after the war ended. Shot in the shoulder at Gallipoli, served in Egypt, Palestine and France. Also was a member of the Volunteer Defence Force 1942-3, and died suddenly in 1948 in Melbourne. I never knew him, but would dearly love to see his medals to pass on to his great-grandchildren. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete