20 July 2014

James Goodwin

If only all searches were this easy.
Late last week I received the WWII War Medal awarded to 41143 FSGT James Lee Goodwin from my friend Sandra. Luckily, James' 97 page RAAF service record is available on line. While there were some clues I could use, I also found James on a family tree on Ancestry.com.au. I sent off a message to the tree owner and shortly after received a reply. To my very pleasant surprise Elizabeth was able to connect me with James' daughter, Pat. Over night I had an email from Pat and I can now return the medal.
Thank you very much to both Sandra and Elizabeth. The returned medal tally is now1497.


 James and Pat (reproduced with kind permission from Elizabeth)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent ... gave me goosepimples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter Pat here -- gave me goosepimples too! To have this show up after so many years is truly astonishing. Thank you, Sandra, Elizabeth and Glyn!

    ReplyDelete