16 June 2012

Alfred Turner WWII group of three

Sometimes our research goes almost flawlessly. This is one such case.
A little over a week ago I received an email from an friend of mine who is on the executive of the Albury RSL. They had some medals that they asked me to have a look at. I did a cursory search of Ancestry and noticed that SX2465 Alfred Percival James Turner (sometimes referred to as Percival Alfred in official documents) was included in a family tree
I left the research alone until the medals arrived in yesterday's post. It didn't take long to find the tree again on Ancestry so I sent the owner a message. Within 30 minutes I had a reply (which turned in to a lovely conversation) and confirmed the family connection. In total this took less than five minutes work to get the details of Alfred's  grand son and where I need to send the medals to.
My friend at the Albury RSL is Major Graham Docksey OAM (Retd). For many years Graham has been the driving force behind the Australian Army Museum at Bandiana and I highly recommend to anyone who visits the Albury-Wodonga area to spend some time at this museum.
These medals are in as issued condition and have never been worn. The returned medal tally is now 1157.


1 comment:

  1. Very interested in this article about Percival Alfred James Turner as I am the sister in-law of his children ans would be most interested in finding out where the medals actually went.

    ReplyDelete