29 November 2018

Contemporary RAAF medals

I'm going to keep this story short as there is not much to tell. This week I received the National Medal, Defence Force Service Medal and Australian Defence Medal from David B. These three medals were awarded to Allan, a retired Flight Sergeant who served in the RAAF.
I didn't have much difficulty locating Allan in the electoral rolls but after 1980 there was nothing. I resorted to seeking help from a RAAF Face Book group and the Defence Military History forum. I got a couple of clues which narrowed down the search area but nothing definitive. Then Paul O came through with an address, a land line number and a mobile number. It was the mobile number that has remained constant for Allan. I have just spoken to Allen and will be sending his medals back to him soon.
The returned medal tally is now 2285.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for finding my Dad's medals it was a wonderful early Christmas present for him and you really made his and our day. We are all very grateful for the time and effort you all put into locating them. Best wishes to all involved and Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just about to post something to this effect but looks like my brother has beaten me to it - thank you very much Glyn

      Delete