15 May 2014

Australian Defence Medal

Another medal that I received yesterday from the WA RSL was the Australian Defence Medal awarded to M Landrigan.
I surmised that the number was for a member of the RAN as it was obviously part of the first PMKeyS issue. A search on the internal Defence network yielded no results by a person by the same name came up in an old copy of Navy News. The story was about safety measures implemented by this sailor. A Google search of the surname and safety lead me to a LinkedIn profile. This in turn gave me the current employer who I called and not long after I was speaking to Matt. All up the search took about 30 minutes (sorry again Bill).
The returned medal tally is now 1443.


1 comment:

  1. Bill will be feeling left out soon! Well done again!

    ReplyDelete