23 July 2026

Ernest O'Neale

These two medals awarded for service during WWII were sent to me by the Directorate of Honours and Awards after they had been handed in. Ernest Richard O'Neale was easy to locate on the DVA WWII nominal roll with the number NX165034. However, I couldn't locate his record on the National Archives of Australia. 

On the DVA roll is also another number, 245084, and Ernest's discharge date is 1 Jul 48. This suggests that Ernest initially enlisted in the 2nd AIF and remained in the Army post WWII and became part of the restructured Australian Army. Unfortunately, I can't see the different aspects of Ernest's service during WWII.

I found Ernest on an Ancestry family tree which is owned by his nephew. I'll send these medals back to the family in the near future.

The returned medal tally is now 3043.




No comments:

Post a Comment