30 December 2021

WWII group of 5 - KF Salmon

The research for this return only took about an hour but it is the end result which I couldn't have predicted.

These five WW2 medals were awarded to VX106680 Keith Francis Salmon. They were handed into the Ipswich Police station and Sergeant Morrison contacted me to see if I could find the family. The path to success started with an Ancestry tree message to Nate B-M who is Keith's third cousin, twice removed via his mother. Not a close relative but Nate was able to put me in contact with Amy, a closer relative to Keith. I sent Amy a message and within minutes I had received a response with the phone number of her father, Steve. Steve is Keith's nephew. What came as a surprise is that Steve and I served together in the same unit a few years ago. It was great to talk to him again and be able to put him in contact with Sergeant Morrison.

Thanks so much to Nate and Amy for the wonderful assistance you provided which resolved this search with considerable speed. 

The returned medal tally is 2688.


     


No comments:

Post a Comment