15 June 2023

WWII trio

Last month a social media post about two sets of medals found in the wall of a house being renovated got quite a bit of attention. The medals were handed to Marg W who is a medal mounter and posted a request for information. Marg was referred to me by several people including my long term research friend Sandra.

I received the medals from Marg last week and had a serious look at one of the medal groups last night. The soldier is VX71176 Alfred James Mahon. Alfred was pretty easy to follow through the electoral rolls until his death in 1990. I found Alfred on an Ancestry family tree but the account hadn't been recently been accessed so cast the net a bit wider and found a person by the same name on Messenger. 10 minutes later I was having a conversation with a family member who confirmed all the connections I made assumptions about.

The returned medal tally is now 2803.  





No comments:

Post a Comment