22 June 2023

Two out of three WWI medals

The source of these two medals is the same as in this link

8992 Norman Allan Patterson was a driver in artillery unit and also the 2nd Divisional Ammunition Column. This is the unit that his included in the naming of his medals. Norman was pretty easy to follow through the electoral rolls until his death in 1949. 

Then there was a big gap in the records until I came across Norman's name in a Ancestry family tree. I sent the tree owner a message and today I spoke to Norman's grand daughter. This is Nicole who is planning to visit Canberra in the near future. The plan is to meet up so I hand these direct to Nicole. Unfortunately, the Victory Medal which should be with this group is missing. 

Thanks again to Marg who sent the medals to me.

The returned medal tally is now 2805.





  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for all your hard work over the years. I follow your posts hoping one day one of my relatives lost medals might appear.

    ReplyDelete