17 April 2023

WW2 pair

When I started researching Allan Colin Becktold I thought there would be loads of information available based on the quite unusual surname. In reality there was very few public records available. I knew when Alan was born, when he died (1997) and his service synopsis. Based on what wasn't available, I made an assumption Allan didn't marry or have children.

What I did find was Allan included on an Ancestry family tree. This tree belongs to his niece, Bev. My suspicions were correct and Bev confirmed Allan didn't marry. His family called Allan 'Unka' and as the collector of the family history, Bev is the perfect custodian of his medals. 

Thank you to retired Captain Peter W who came across the medals and through a mutual friend contacted me about them. 

The returned medal tally is now 2796.







No comments:

Post a Comment