22 September 2026

Rupert Walker - 1914-15 Star

This return is a collaborative effort with the Queensland Police Service.

It all started with an email from Constable JC who had received a 1914-15 Star. I was provided the following details.


Using this information, I confirmed the soldier was 1734 Driver Rupert Walker. As part of my research I came across this picture of Rupert.


Rupert Walker died in 1961. His wife was Chirstina and their daughter was Audrey Winifred who married Norman Adams. This information led me to the next two generations and identifying the name od Rupert's great grandson. What I couldn't find out was the current contact details of that person. 

I provided all this to Constable JC who located the great grandson and has arranged to return Rupert's 1914-15 star and a couple of other items to his family.

The returned medal tally is now 3049.

2 comments:

  1. Great result for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Silver War Badge in that photograph was issued in the United Kingdom and the British Empire to service personnel who had been honorably discharged due to wounds, sickness, or age, from military service in the First World War.

    ReplyDelete